Certified Veterinary Technician/Veterinary Technician/Veterinary Assistant
Veterinary technicians are critical to Metzger Animal Hospital and we are very proud of our 15 certified veterinary technicians (including 2 certified technician specialists or VTS) and 10 veterinary assistants. Veterinary technicians and veterinary assistants are responsible for client and patient care and for assisting our general and specialist veterinarians.
Job Requirements/Skills/Physical Demands:
- Certified and/or experienced (three + years in field) veterinary technician with good client communication and telephone skills.
- Must also be able to lift 35 pounds, be on their feet for extended periods of time, and be able to work daytime, night, and evening shifts.
- Must be customer service oriented and friendly, possess good telephone etiquette, grammar and spelling skills.
- Professional appearance required, scrubs are to be worn at all times and are furnished by the employee.
- Must be able to react quickly in emergency situations that require immediate attention.
- Must be proficient with drug calculations.
- Must be able to administer injections, perform venipuncture (including IV catheter placement) of animal.
- Assist veterinarian in medical procedures using proper restraint, including restraint of fractious patients.
- Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique.
- Monitor patients under anesthesia – including induction, intubation and ventilation.
- Should be proficient in digital radiographic techniques, including dental x-rays.
- Able to perform and assist with dental procedures.
- Upon hiring, all new employees will be subject to a 90 day probationary period. During this time, employment may be terminated at will as determined by management.
Hourly rate is based on experience. Our total compensation plan also includes:
- Health insurance plan (the hospital pays 50% of the total cost)
- Continuing education stipend
- Retirement plan (simple IRA)
- Employee Pet discount
- Technician license fee
- Paid Vacation/sick days
A background check will be performed. This is a Drug Free work place. Applicant must have reliable transportation
Submit resume to office manager Kristen Fletcher via Kristen@metzgeranimal.com
Metzger Animal Hospital will notify you within 7 days if we request an interview.